NT COVID-19 Economic Support Measures
The NT Government has a number of COVID-19 economic support measures. The Federal Government may declare any otherwise assessable grants included in these packages to be tax-free
At this stage applications to these support measures have generally closed.
Summary of Government assistance
The most recent support measures included:
- Territory Business Lockdown Payment – $1,000 grants for lock down and extended closure payment.
- Business Hardship Package providing payroll tax, council rate, rent and utilities concessions.
- Small Business Survival Payment – Business grants of between $2,000 to $20,000.
- Not-for-profit Tourism Attraction Payment – Business grants of between $2,000 to $20,000.
- Trade Support Scheme – COVID-19 Quick response grants for grants of up to $5,000.